Monday, September 22, 2008

You know you're pregnant when...

I'm sure there are 100 ways to finish that sentence but for me, today, it goes like this.

You know you're pregnant when you eat a McDonald's cheeseburger, a Filet-O-Fish, and a chocolate milkshake from Amy's Ice Cream for lunch. !!!????!!! I know, I know, terrible. But it's what I wanted!

I need to offer a special thanks to the lady at McDonalds for not taking my french fry order which led me to realize that since I didn't get my fries I definitely needed a milkshake. And a very special thanks to my new friend at Amy's Ice Cream for making "his special" chocolate milkshake for me. That would be mexican vanilla ice cream & hot fudge sauce all milk-shaked together topped with whip cream and chocolate sprinkles. Yes, it is as good as you are imagining right now. "Liquid brownie" he called it.

It was my most pregnant lunch ever.

3 comments:

Bev's Life said...

and I missed it all for some crappy Double-Dave's! Next time, gadget:)

The Walkie Talkie said...

Carm,

SO glad I found your blog...I just had fun reading over some of the archives. Baby girl's room looks PRECIOUS! I can't believe you only have 7 weeks left.

And to help you feel better about your lunch, I must share a breakfast with you. I was about 5 months pregnant with Ben and having breakfast with a friend at Neil's Cafe. It's a greasy spoon, homecook'n sort of place.

Well, I inhaled my first plate which consisted of 2 omelets, an order of hashbrowns, bacon and 2 pieces of toast. After consuming all of that I thought, "Hmmmm..I could use one more omelet." Of course they didn't serve a single omelet.

So I ordered the entire plate again, thinking I would take some home. Let's just say there was no take home bag AND I wasn't stuffed!

Oh the joys of pregnancy!

You look GREAT by the way!

Much love, JB

Amy Ferdowsian said...

That sounds like a great lunch to me. Especially the milkshake. I had Amy's Ice Cream once when I was in San Antonio and LOVED it. I'm so jealous that you have one nearby. I hope you're feeling well!